How to get to Palace of Versailles
If you’re like myself not joining any local tour group visiting Versailles, here’s how to get there by public transport.
- Determine which RER C station is closest to your hotel/hostel. My hotel was just 5 min away from Saint-Michel Notre-Dame which is very convenient
2. Once you’re in the metro station look for sign which directs you to Versailles – Rive Gauche. That’s that station where you want to get off
3. Every metro station has a TV monitor which indicates the arrival time of the next train and its destination. Make sure you hop on to the one which says “VICK”
4. Once you exit from the fare gate at Versailles Chateau Rive Gauche station take the left exit of the station. Take the pedestrian crossing and walk towards the Information pavillon.
5. Take the walkway that is between the Information pavillon and the cafe (with a green roof) that is located next to it and you’ll see a pedestrian-cyclist pavement. Walk towards your right and you’ll see the Palace
6. Cut across the carpark and walk towards the right where you’ll come to the main entrance of the Palace. If you have the Museum Pass or bought the ticket online you can start joining the queue to get into the Palace premises, else you’ll need to head to the ticketing office which is located on the left side of the entrance before joining the main queue